Looking for Power Flushing St Albans?
What is Power Flushing?
Are you interested in Power Flushing St Albans? Power flushing is the process of using a chemical solution to clean your central heating system and remove any debris such as rust particles inside pipes, which may be causing the system not to work as well as it could. Power flushing removes the sludge in your system, preventing blockages and central heating inefficiency.
How often should you power flush central heating?
In order to keep your central heating system working as efficiently as possible, you should power flush every 5 to 6 years. You can get away with power–flushing your radiators every 8 to 10 years depending on the quality of the materials used in your system. Its a good idea to have a power flush as part of your annual boiler service by our Gas Safe registered heating engineers.
What does power flushing involve?
Water along with special chemicals is pumped around the central heating system by a specialist machine. The water comes back to the machine to flush out the sludge. The equipment does not use much pressure and should not cause any leaks as long as the sludge or rust is not hiding any leaks in the system.
Signs that you need a Power Flush
Below are some of the most common signs that your central heating system may need a power flush. We advise getting the advice of a gas safe engineer who can advise you on whether you need a central heating power flush.
- Noisy radiators and boiler
- Radiator leaks
- Cold patches at the bottom of radiators
- Boiler regularly needs restarting
- Excessive noise from the boiler or the pump
- Heating takes a long time to come to temperatire
- Cloudy tap water
- Some radiators don’t heat up very well
- Lukewarm radiators, even when the boiler is turned on
- No water escapes when you bleed a radiator
- Discoloured ater when you bleed a radiator